Thursday, January 19, 2006

19 January 2006 - Day 3

Sleep deprivation is starting to kick in. Today I attended only a two hour class, and the first one was quite difficult to follow because i felt very sleepy, and I barely managed to stay awake. I took a stroll during the pause inbetween the hours, and the second hour presented no problem. I spent all the afternoon/evening/night at home studying and doing things. We skipped rehearsal today for various reasons... one being that my quasi little sister Camilla (but for me neechan or meimei--maybe I'm going to explain that too) isn't feeling very well, and as she takes precedence on most other things, I advised my partecipation on this evening rehearsal may be little or null.
Let me explain this: usually I'm very strict about theatre and rehearsal in particular, but this show is organized in a different manner, and i pre-advised I didn't want big parts because I wasn't to assure my continuative presence at rehearsals. Indeed, mosty I just have to create and do two fencing duels, and I can just train on them with Stefano outside rehearsals.

Did thai chi chuan in the evening instead. Quite a difficult to do at home, but it felt good.
I'm exercising mostly legs and abs because I decided it's time to learn how to do the on the wall somersault. Legs are not my my strong point, as it's not flexibility, but I tried on the mattress in the gym where we are doing medieval fencing, and I'm quite close. If I train properly, I think I can achieve in a month. Time to regain some back flexibility too.

Seems like I'm eating more, but I can't say if it's because my body is effectively asking more nutrients, or simply it's because I'm reading and studying for more time, and these are activities that more often than not stimulate my appetite.
Ah, yeah. I remember now that one of the side effects of sleep deprivation is increased appetite.

I'm trying to substitute the 1.5 core sleep with two more naps, maybe shorter, because I felt very tired after the core sleep. I wasn't able to sleep well in one of the two. In most of the naps I woke up confused about what hour was, which nap i just did, and in general with a out of place sensation.

N#NAPS: 8

HOURS-SLEPT-24: 3.40
CONCENTRATION: 5
WAKEFULNESS: 3
ENERGY: 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home